How do we accomplish the AirPrint Setup for HP DeskJet 3630?
The AirPrint is an Apple application that allows you to print from your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. Now you no longer have to transfer files to a PC to print them. Just install the AirPrint app from the Apple app store on your iOS device. And then, start printing right away.
The HP Deskjet 3630 is a multifunction printer that supports the AirPrint feature. Before you begin, you must however take a note of these requirements first.
- Make sure your Apple device is running an iOS 4.0 or a later version
- Check if your printer supports the AirPrint feature
- In this case, the HP Deskjet 3630 printer supports the AirPrint feature
- And also, establish a network connection between the Apple device and the printer
- Moreover, they should be connected to the same network
Setup the connection
To begin the AirPrint setup, you need to connect the devices using a wireless connection. Make use of your Wi-Fi or the Wi-Fi Direct to complete this process.
Wireless network connection (Wi-Fi)
While setting up the printer wirelessly, it should not have any wired connections such as a USB or a LAN cable.
- If your printer has a control panel display, then use it to connect it to the network
- Select the Settings menu from the control panel and access the Network settings
- From which you need to select the Wireless menu and proceed with the onscreen instructions of the wizard
- If you do not want to use the control panel display, then use the Wireless button and turn on the wireless radio
- Turn on the WPS button on your network router
- And then, verify the setup using the indication lights on the printer
Wireless Direct connection
If you do not want to connect via a network, then you can directly connect the Apple device to your printer. Make use of the Wi Fi direct or the wireless direct connection to achieve this.
- The indication lights will tell you if the Wi Fi direct setting is ON or not
- Access this menu option from your HP Deskjet 3630 printer’s control panel display
- The next thing that you must do is turn on the Wi Fi settings on your iOS device
- From the list of available networks, choose the one that begins with the word DIRECT followed by the printer’s name
- Sometimes, you may be prompted for a password to connect to your printer’s Wi Fi
- The default password for all HP printers is 12345678
Print from your iOS device
- On your Apple device, open a document or an image that you wish to print. Then select the Print icon to locate a nearby AirPrint printer.
- Occasionally, you may find the No AirPrint printers found the message on your Apple device.
- In that case, simply restart both the devices and try printing once again.
Troubleshooting common issues
Sometimes, you tend to overwork your printer when it is a Deskjet 3630 printer. The printer may get tired when it receives more commands than it can handle. This is a common scenario you may face when you have your kids printing out for their projects. Similarly, it can also happen to you on a busy workday. So, what can you do when you are stuck with a failed print attempt?
The only solution to this issue is to clear the print queue. The steps however vary between the Windows and the Mac operating systems.
Guidelines to clear print queue in Windows OS
This is a three-step process wherein you have to delete print jobs and troubleshoot the device.
- You have to manually delete the print jobs files on your Windows PC. These are corrupt files and hence remove them permanently from your device.
- Next step, restart both the PC and the HP Deskjet 3630 printer
- Also, stop the Print Spooler to prevent the print jobs from running in the background
- Plug out and restart the computer if it is stuck on the same screen for a long time
- Similarly, pull out the power cord from the rear end of the printer if you are unable to turn it off using the POWER button
Troubleshooting your printer before giving it another job is an equally important step. Only then, you can analyze the real issue with your printer.
- Download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor on your Windows PC
- Launch the app and it will automatically troubleshoot issues if there are any
- It is a guided troubleshooter and therefore pay attention to what it says
- The issue is resolved if you are able to do a test print
- Otherwise, you may have to uninstall and then reinstall the printer drivers on your computer
Delete any existing driver files from your device before installing an updated version. Because it will be a clash of interest when two drivers are trying to communicate with your DJ 3630.
- Download the updated drivers for your OS version from the support site
- Alternatively, you could also use your installation CD to reinstall the drivers on your Windows PC
- Remove the device from your computer using the Devices and Printers menu
- Restart the printer and the computer and check if you are able to print
You can try a few other things if you are still unable to clear print. Disable your firewall or use a system file checker as alternatives.